The Hills photographic series
bmw New Zealand open 2016
Client Brief/ concept :
Create an edition of photographs (specific to The Hills Golf Course) that can be gifted to players competing in the BMW New Zealand Open golf tournament, held at Millbrook Resort and The Hills Golf Course during March 2016.
Design Ideas :
An edition of prints. (180 total) either 10 x 18 prints, or 18 x 10. A selection base of 20-30 images provided to select the finals.
- Specific attention paid to the quality of light and spectacular scenery of Queenstown, complimenting The Hills Golf Course.
LEVERAGE POINTS :
Recently Michael's Luminosity series was shared and featured on over 150 media platforms, with more than 100,000 shares via Facebook. The online engagement with this series has impacted the global trend of Google searches for the term “glowworm”, reaching a peak twice as high as that of any year in the past decade. Early in 2015 Michael took and expedition crew to Antarctica to capture imagery for a project that will see significant buildings turned into video iceberg sculptures - watch the 60 minutes interview here.
Promotion of The Hills series could include the following:
- Social media and online promotion (instagram / facebook)
- Website blog of the collection
- Promotional catalogue of The Hills limited edition photographic series
- Publicity around the release of photographic the series
- Availability for media interviews during the BMW New Zealand open 2016
Each work signed and editioned, Printed on Ilford Smooth Cotton Rag 310gsm archival matte paper (100% cotton and archival) with Joseph Michael original artwork seal (various options for packaging / presentation).
- Option for the photographs to be individually signed and numbered
- Packaging design could incorporate tournament logo / design
- Additional information booklet on the collection or the event could be included with each print
About the Artist :
Joseph Michael embodies the magic balance of technology and fine artistry. With a passion for the philosophical at the core of his practice, Michael seeks out the rare and sublime in the natural world and represents it dynamically, fusing creative vision with cutting-edge technology.